Looking for an exciting career in telecom? Our client is looking for talented telco professionals to join our team.
We are looking for a high-energy NOC Engineer and superior troubleshooting expertise that will help & expand, maintain and troubleshoot a 24x7 Network Operations Center. In order to provide extraordinary solutions to our customers, we need to work with extraordinary people to create and deliver them, people like you.
- Troubleshoots layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3 issues. Works with field engineers, other providers to achieve maximum network uptime and swift resolution of all issues
- Perform network support, hardware configuration and validation of network related devices such as xDSL modems, network interface devices, Layer 2/Layer 3 switches, firewalls, routers, VoIP, and analog voice services will be required on a daily basis.
- Evaluate network alarms and problem situations, resolving as required and escalating to other levels for resolution.
- Work with other team members to resolve incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Process all service requests for new or modified services as they are required.
- Monitor open trouble incidents and ensure timely resolution.
- Monitor network components (routers, switches, and other items).
- Identifies problem and risk areas and is able to advise management of actions required to mitigate their impact.
- Notify management of major network outages and resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why we think this job is great:
- It’s a 100% remote or work-from-home setup
- You’ll have clear goals and the resources you need to deliver. How you execute and deliver is up to you.
- Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer science, Information Systems, or any related area of study with direct NOC experience
- Experience with Infinera DTN-X Platforms and Ciena 6500 Family.
- Experience supporting a network of systems.
- Experience monitoring applications, servers, and routers located in multiple sites.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are required. The ability to identify and analyze problems swiftly on Cisco equipment from layer 1 to layer 3 is absolutely key
- Experience working in any Software-Defined - WAN (SD-WAN) is a plus
- Knowledge of networking concepts and troubleshooting practices. Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, MPLS/VPLS, BGP, EIGRP, SNMP, and utilities such as ping, traceroute, mtr, and telnet.
- Technical Expertise: Routing, Switching (Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Fortinet, and Dell) & Wireless Meraki AP’s.
- Experience contacting network carriers to report circuit outages.
- Experience configuring and supporting Firewalls a plus
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize & customer-oriented
- Cisco CCNA or higher.