Telecom Project Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic high energy Project Manager who is passionate about technology with at least five years of experience managing carrier projects within the last ten years. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with the ability to implement and manage processes in effective project delivery. Project management activities are performed remotely and will include but not limited to work planning, status reporting, client relationship management, and project financial management. Must have experience working with carriers for deployment of DSL and Fiber to deliver Internet services.
- Communicate with the Field Supervisors and technicians to obtain progress updates and ensure project issue resolution (at least twice per day).
- Responsible for ensuring that the Field Supervisors and technicians complete and submit required documentation (i.e. Daily Reports, Time-Cards, As-Built Redlines, Quality Control Reports, Change Order Requests, Request for Information, Incident/Accident Report).
- Responsible for monitoring project activities (scheduling, scope, etc.), and ensuring that the complete and submit required documentation (i.e. Daily Reports, As-Built Redlines, Quality Control Reports, Change Order Requests, Request for Information, Incident/Accident Report, and Closeout Packages).
- Responsible for ensuring all company and safety policies/regulations are enforced at the work site, to include OSHA regulations.
- Responsible for training of the project crew for field work, e.g., loading and off loading, correct tool and machinery use, etc.
- Work with Operations Director to keep informed of changes/updates and schedule of customer job.
- Meet with Customer Representative(s) and provide project updates and closeout packages.
- Coordinate with Accounting to provide weekly Invoicing, including quantity tracking.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Education requirements: Minimum 4 years of degree in Engineering or related construction management focus, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related experience: Minimum 7 years related construction design, build, safety, and other related practices conforming to utility industry standards, to include the ability to read construction drawings and manage construction schedules and budgets.
- Good working knowledge of construction tools, equipment and machinery, e.g., backhoe, loaders, bobcats, etc.
- Valid Driver's License with no major infractions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English/Spanish bi-lingual helpful.
- Excellent supervisory skills/experience, customer service skills and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to represent company and job professionally at all times and adapt easily to changes in job requirements, work schedules, job completion timelines, etc.
- Mathematical skills, e.g., area calculation, multiplication/division, percentages, etc.
- Computer skills, e.g., working knowledge of computer usage and related software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, any industry specific software knowledge, etc.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance