We have an upcoming potential strike project in West Virginia and we are looking for Copper Splicers.
This project is granted exclusively to Mercury Z.
- Bridgeport WV
- Morgantown WV
- Fairmont WV
- Buckhannon WV
- Poca WV
- Wheeling WV
- Huntington WV
- Foster WV
- Bluefield WV
- Dr. Beckley WV
- Parkersburg WV
- Receiving work assignments from supervisor, other designated employees, or a tablet.
- Reading and interpreting engineering plans, vendor specifications for the installation and repair of optic and electronic equipment, and interacting with the Engineering Group.
- Making necessary preparations required for splicing, rearranging and terminating cable conductors. Performing splicing operations relating to the installation, rearrangement, and repair of outside plant facilities. This includes copper cable, wire, terminals, loop carrier electronics.
- Locating and clearing troubles in outside plant facilities.
- Determine air flow and pressure in cables – aerial and underground. Preparing cables for pressurization and maintaining cable pressure.
- Using test equipment to check for gas in manholes and may have to empty water from manholes.
- Occasionally work with torches and lead sleeves and iron cases. Placing and removing protective covering over sheath openings.
- Works aloft; climbs ladders and poles; enters tunnels, buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to accomplish job tasks.
- May work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Performing light digging operations as required.
- Tests and adjusts complex equipment using testing devices, e.g., signal generators, oscilloscopes, transmission measuring sets, volt-ohm-millimeters, etc
- Operating and maintaining necessary trucks and equipment needed to perform work operations in a safe manner.
- Testing, locating and repairing defects in wires for copper cables and digital carrier systems, using electrical and mechanical testing apparatus.
- Installing, repairing, inspecting and maintaining inside cables, wires and plug-in equipment to connect telecommunication systems and equipment. (Routers)
- Contacting customers face-to-face to notify them of work being performed on their lines. and
- Identifying and meeting individual customer requirements on provisioning and/or repair contacts.
- Basic computer skills, working with customers’ computers and equipment.
- Performing additional duties and tasks as required by the Company.