Fiber I&R Technician
We are looking for technicians for our upcoming Fiber Projects to install new fiber services or migrate legacy DSL services to fiber for homes.
As a Fiber I&R Technician, you must be able to work under pressure, handle stress and follow directions. You will be performing installations, troubleshooting, and repair of Fiber-based services which includes working in the customer’s home with equipment such as routers, set-top boxes, and ONT.
If you are interested, send us your application to sign up!
- Experience to install and repair fiber broadband services in indoor and outdoor settings.
- Communicate with local Manager.
- Order and manage inventory materials.
- Navigate information for facilities and materials needed.
- Communicate with customers and understand the fiber specifications.
- Safely install fiber from pole to the customer prem.
- Ensure records are correct.
- Update used Inventory.
- Validate work at the end of each task.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Installation and Repair technician experience
- Must have worked with fiber technologies for voice and data.
- Understand cross-connects, ONTs, G-PON, and related technologies.
- Knowledge of inside and outside wiring and materials
- You will need to be able to use: Corning Fiber Connect Kit, Slitter, Light Meter, and Android or IOS phone for access to backend provisioning systems.
- Must have own truck and the tools required for the job.
- Must have a 28 ft fiberglass ladder.